As the OMHA handbook states:
"As a hockey trainer, your primary responsibility is to ensure that safety is the first priority at all times during all hockey-related activities, both on and off the ice. You must play a leadership role in enhancing the safety of players and all others involved with amateur hockey."
Here are OMHA resources:
1. Click here for the Players Medical Information Sheet.
2. Click here for the Trainers Responsibilities handbook.
3. 2020-2021 Qualifications Requirements for team Officials
4. Click here for the OMHA resources for Trainers.
Trainers MUST have the following:
1. HTCP Online Courses/ Level 1 & Level 1 refresher
2. Respect in Sport / Activity Leader Course
3. Gender Identity & Expresssion Course
Check out these apps that are available to everyone, with great info/quick reference on concussions for coaches and parents;
1. Concussion Ed App – Parachute Canada Click her for site
2. Concussion Awareness App – Hockey Canada Click here
3. CATT (http://ppc.cattonline.com) – has online course, resources for coaches, parents.